Thursday, August 3, 2017

Welcome 2017-18 Star Surfers!!

Welcome 2017-18 Star Surfers!!

Welcome my new little Star Surfers! I cannot wait to meet you and your family in the upcoming week. I am truly blessed to begin my 6th year at Star Academy. I love this school more and more each year and I can't wait to share that love with YOU. 

This year, you'll hear a lot about the Ohio State Buckeyes...I was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio…I love football!!! I lOVE that my 2nd graders begin to appreciate The Ohio State Buckeyes by the end of the school year also :)

I hope you enjoyed your summer because we are going to hit the ground running on Wednesday! After this blog post, I won't be doing the writing...you will! My blog is completely student-driven and every student will be publishing his/her own blog post this school year!

Check out some of our awesome posts from the past few years below. And I leave you with a picture of my own crazy kiddos that you'll hear all about this year!

2 comments:

  1. How do the girls post a blog, and what are the expectations on topics to post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each child will be a "Star Surfer" (student of the week) this year. The student and I will create a blog together during writing time on a Google Doc. We'll revise and edit his/her blog and then I will publish it. The child will be writing about school, hobbies, games, etc...anything! I will publish the blog as soon as it's finished so the class can begin commenting on it! They love it!

      Delete